SAAFFI-Wits Flavour/Fragrance Course
Date(s) - 20/05/2019 - 31/07/2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
SHORT COURSE in
FLAVOUR & FRAGRANCE TECHNOLOGY
Boost your career in the FLAVOUR & FRAGRANCE sector or those industries that use flavours/fragrances in their products…with an invaluable qualification!
Space strictly limited to 20 participants!
- • Lecturers are industry experts drawn from the flavour & fragrance sector
- • The manageable timetable easily dove-tails into your working schedule.
- • Relevant practical sessions are hands-on and industry-focused.
- • Lectures will be held at the University of the Witwatersrand, Braamfontein at various times during the month of August 2019
- • Practical sessions will take place during September 2019
- • Assessments are in the form of projects, with questions taken from relevant industry scenarios.
- • Graduating students receive impressive certificates, presented at an informal graduation ceremony held at Wits University School of Chemistry.
- • Cost: R5500 + VAT per participant (includes all course notes and materials for practical sessions)
For more information
– whether for yourself or for members of your team –
Contact Sharon Bolel
+27 (0) 83 449 2696 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See some comments from previous participants:
“The course has helped me to put the everyday practice in theory. To understand the basic chemistry of fragrances & flavours. The sensory evaluation and discriminatory tests was very new to me and opened up my eyes to a whole new dimension of our industry.I mostly enjoyed the practical lectures (flavour tasting; smelling fragrances and seeing their effects in surfactant application and the discriminatory tests).
As a sales person, I have gained knowledge of what happens in the lab and am more confident when talking to R&D people.”
“The course was very beneficial to my career path; it opened my mind to very important information I needed to know and understand. The chemistry part was vital and most beneficial, since I needed to understand chemical reactions and how different chemical structures or molecules can impact the sensory attributes of a flavour or fragrance . Now I apply my knowledge in creation and application of flavours, and I use relevant chemistry skills to decide on how to approach most of my work related problems. Sensory training was a useful in order to understand how different products are evaluated. In overall the course introduced me into the world of flavour and fragrance with knowledge and understand on how both complement the success of branched cosmetic and food industry”
“Through this course I have gained more knowledge about flavour and fragrance, from the point of distillation of essential oils through to the manufacturing of flavour and fragrances,
Also useful was learning about the ingredients e.g. the type of acids used in different flavours and the pyramids of flavour and fragrance”
Assistant Executive Director, SAAFFI
Tel: +27 (0) 10 446 2047
Cell: +27 (0) 83 449 2696
Executive Director, SAAFFI
Tel: +27 (0) 11 447 2757
Cell: +27 (0) 82 940 2757
Bookings are closed for this event.