SAAFFI’s 16th Annual Seminar & Workshop
Date(s) - 06/03/2018
Bytes Conference Centre
22th February 2018
24th February 2018
MOTION OF NO CONFIDENCE – promoting a bright African future for the flavour and fragrance industry
The count-down starts to the 16th annual SAAFFI seminar!
The entire fragrance and flavour industry in South Africa, including those that are allied to it, as suppliers of ingredients, equipment or services, excitedly anticipates every year the announcement of the details of the SAAFFI annual seminar and workshop.
The 2018 seminar themed “MOTION OF NO CONFIDENCE – promoting a bright African future for the flavour and fragrance industry”, will examine many of the positive factors that synergise towards making the future of the flavour and fragrance industry in Africa, a particularly exciting one!
The full-day program features an impressive line-up of speakers, a hands-on workshop, an inspiring motivational presentation and a networking cocktail event, where various interesting (sometimes dramatic!) tastes and aromas will be showcased.
Arrive from 07:15 for a light breakfast. The full program starts at 08:00.
At the SAAFFI Seminar 2018 expand your professional knowledge with these thought-provoking presentations:
- Confidence in the African Water Scenario…A glass half clear or half turbid ? Nick Tandi, Programme Manager, Strategic Water Partners Network (SWPN)
- A Confident Stroll through African Flavour Trends Gary Boast, Sales Director, Nicola-J
- Confidently Trendy – what’s next in Africa? Chris Slabbert, Business Development and Marketing Manager, IFF
- Confidently Approaching Business Opportunities in Africa Ibikunle Olatunji, Senior Manager (Africa Desk), PWC
- Creating Confidence in the People, Plants and Perfumes of Africa Karen Nott, Technical Advisor, Integrated Rural Development and Nature Conservation, Namibia
- Cocktail party with a demonstration and tasting of cocktails with Indigenous South African essential oils
- An expert panel of industry experts presenting their view of “Business in Africa”
- The famous SAAFFI hands-on, stimulating, informative, networking and fun workshop
and much, much more…
Networking and Cocktails
A great networking opportunity – the SAAFFI cocktail party at the end of the day enables everyone to wind down, meet colleagues and make new friends.
Who should attend?
For the last 15 years, the annual SAAFFI seminar has attracted around 200 key personnel who are drawn from a wide range of companies both in the flavour & fragrance sector, and from FMCG companies (who are users of flavours and fragrances) as well as academics, consultants, regulators, raw material suppliers and anyone interested in the fascinating world of fragrance and flavours. etc.
The day offers a valuable learning and networking opportunity to people in management, sales, marketing, technical, procurement, R&D, applications, operations and even tertiary level students.
An additional attraction is the jam-packed goody bag which each delegate takes home at the end of the day!
Transport & Parking
There is ample parking at the venue, but any concerns about negotiating peak hour traffic can be happily allayed as the Gautrain transport system serves the venue.
(Including teas, snacks, lunch, the cocktail party and all workshop material)
Delegates from SAAFFI Member companies: R1155 + VAT per person
For 5 or more delegates booking at one time on the same invoice: R1100 + VAT per person
For 10 or more delegates booking at one time on the same invoice: R1070 + VAT per person
Delegates from organisations who are not SAAFFI Members: R1300 + VAT per person
For 5 or more delegates booking at one time on the same invoice: R1220 + VAT per person
For 10 or more delegates booking at one time on the same invoice: R1190 + VAT per person
There is a reduced cost for fully paid-up members of Coschem. For more information, contact the SAAFFI office on 011 447 2757 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very appreciative for numerous company sponsorships, which will be clearly acknowledged at the event and in the media.
Should you wish to sponsor any aspect of this event or donate items for the goody bag, please contact SAAFFI:
Asst Executive Director, SAAFFI
Tel: +27 (0) 10 446 2047
Cell: +27 (0) 83 449 2696
Executive Director, SAAFFI
Tel: +27 (0) 11 447 2757
Cell: +27 (0) 82 940 2757
Bookings are closed for this event.