Paulien Swanepoel (Economically active)
Reference number: A-0127
Preferred Geographical Work Area:
I would be available:
Calendar month’s notice
My Career Aspirations:
I would love to get involved in the fragrance / flavour industry again. Back in 2006 I worked at Givaudan as the KAM on their Unilever account and I hope to re-enter the industry in a similar position or even in an assistant role. I found the industry fascinating and loved the continual learning and innovation.
Summary of Work Experience:
* Real Estate Agent
PERIOD: March 2012 – Current
Jawitz Properties Rentals Agent
(Started in the industry with Gaye Cawood Realty, moved to Adrienne Hersch Properties in January 2014, joined Jawitz Properties in June 2016 and qualified as a full status estate agent in March 2017)
* Fragrance Industry
EMPLOYER – Givaudan
DIVISION – Fragrance Division
PERIOD – August 2003 – November 2006
POSITION HELD – Key Account Manager – Unilever Account
BENEFITS – Car Allowance, Cell phone allowance, Annual
Bonus, Pension fund, Incentives
REPORTING TO – Cecile Marquer
REFERENCE – Lydia van Wielligh-Steyn (079 505 3405)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Providing client service to the Buying, Marketing, Development & Manufacturing teams of Unilever. The position involved a variety of tasks namely;
• Client Marketing: taking a project brief, managing and tracking the project from start to finish, market information updates, market research & trend presentations, quarterly update meetings with development & marketing teams;
• Client Development: supplying information eg. sample requests, stability reports, MSDS & spec sheets;
• Client Buying: managing product lifecycles, quarterly reviews on performance, confirming quarterly pricing, pricing offers, stock holding reports, project status reports;
• Client Manufacture: managing rundown of stock for discontinued items, listing new items on all relevant systems, credit applications etc.
• Internally: setting sales targets as well as measuring and managing the sales budget, various administrative tasks involving updates of global web-based systems and client portfolios on a regular basis. Keeping up to date with new launches in mass markets and local fine fragrances. Networking globally with Givaudan colleagues on new products & local market trends.
• Developed a fully comprehensive marketing tool in Excel including monthly sales of all compounds sold to Unilever dating back to 2001 tracking the lifecycles of each product, the impact of the exchange rate, volume and all details relevant to each compound/product.
• Achieved targets by +30% growth in 2004; +38% in 2005 and +42% in 2006
* Advertising / Events
EMPLOYER – afriKings Communications Company
DIVISION – Suasion Strategic Event Marketing & PR
PERIOD – June 2000 – July 2003
PROMOTED TO – Operations & Event Manager
REFERENCE – Mrs Suzaan Maree, Events Coordinator
REFERENCE – Paul Williams; Account Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Developing, managing and implementing systems in order to create the smooth and effective workflow for the division to function optimally. Where possible, empowering team members in order to enhance the division’s success and profitability.
To manage and co-manage projects as required by the workflow accepted into the system.
* PA / Secretarial
EMPLOYER : Mbi Underwriting Managers: Sandton
PERIOD : March 1999 – May 2000
POSITION HELD : Executive Secretary / Personal Assistant
BENEFITS : Pension Fund, Medical Aid, Annual Bonus
REASON FOR LEAVING : Company was relocating to CBD
REFERENCE : Mr. Miron Milner
To assist the Managing Director, General Manager, IT Manager and Financial Manager with secretarial functions as well as general office administration duties.
2) PA / Secretarial
EMPLOYER – UNICO United Cold Storage Bloemfontein
PERIOD – January 1992 – February 1999
PROMOTED TO – Executive Marketing Assistant
REFERENCE – Mr. Thys Wessels; CEO
To assist the Managing Director and Sales & Marketing Team with general office administration duties as well as all marketing related functions. To convey a professional, efficient image of the company and to demonstrate service excellence in all dealings with all clients (internal and external) i.e. colleagues, store buyers, branch managers, agents, reps, consumers, suppliers etc.)
To operate and coordinate highly proficient communication and information centre for all clients ensuring that all information is processed, distributed and received effectively.
To attend management meetings and processing the necessary information.
*PA / Secretarial
EMPLOYER AND PLACE – Kwv Wine Centre, Melrose
PERIOD – March 1989 – December 1991
POSITION HELD – Private Secretary
REFERENCE – Mr Bill Cooper-Williams
To convey knowledge to the public through a professional attitude and approach, in order to motivate and assist in leading the public in the education of wine, so-doing increasing local consumption and usage of wine in a civilized manner. Liaise between the Wine Foundation, the wine industry and the public, developing harmonious relations.
Education & Achievements Summary:
Matriculated in 1983
Secretarial Diploma in 1984
Diploma in Ballet & Ballet Teaching 1985 to 1987
Certificate in Cape Wines 1990
Certificate in Marketing Management 1993
Certification in Microsoft Office 2005
Basic Fragrance Training, Argenteuil 2005
Certificate Voice Clinic – Individual Voice Programme 2006
Cerfitcate Voice Clinic – Power Speaking 2006
CTT+ On Site Training 2007
NQF4 Certificate 2013
PDE Cerfificate 2017
Reference number: A-0127
Updated 2 months ago