Wendy Dzviti (Economically active)
Reference No.: A-0095
I would be available:
My Career Aspirations:
To pursue a challenging full-time career in product development, food safety or commercial sector in a food manufacturing company, where I will integrate my resource skills to apply my existing knowledge and grow within the industry. Wendy Dzviti is a highly self-motivated, vibrant, confident and diligent MSc Food Science graduate (Supervisor: Prof Gunnar Sigge). She is also a proactive, resulted-oriented lady with superior communication skills and analytical and strategic mindset lady.
Summary of Work Experience:
May 2017 – Current Junior Research and Development Technologist at Southern Oil (Pvt) Ltd
– Developing of new products for existing and new ranges for Oil based foods in line with company strategies
– Upgrading of existing products (oils and mayonnaises).
– Conducting continuous product evaluations.
– Identifying appropriate raw materials and suppliers.
– Communicating effectively with the Technical and Operations Departments.
– Identifying trends in the food industry and applying them ahead of competitors
– Ensure all products manufactured are consistent quality and per product specifications
– All aspects of food science, including production, processing and distribution
– Liaising effectively with our customers and suppliers.
– Preparing product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
– Coordinating launches of new products and running trials alongside/together with production.
– Compiling/checking/approving product specifications and labelling.
November – May 2017 Wine Lounge Hostess at Delaire Graff
– Welcoming & receiving guests to the wine lounge
– Attending to guests queries & complaints in a diplomatic & tactful manner
– Organise the safekeeping of guests winter coats & umbrellas
– Provide info to guests re tourist attractions in the Boland & Cape Town areas
– Communicate VIP visits to management & Wine Tutors
– Monitor daily bookings for wine tastings and ensure the wine lounge staff is prepared
– Pre-empt all guests needs by ensuring all guest expectations are surpassed
– Ensure that celebration cards are signed by staff for guests special celebrations
– Printing & closing bills as well as credit card transactions
June – July 2014 Student Intern at Rhodes Food Group (Pniel, South Africa)
– Validated x-ray machine as a critical control point
– Validated cleaning strategies with regards to allergens
– Performed daily sensory evaluation of finished products
– Observed and monitored manufacturing of different cheeses
– Assisted in the receiving area by inspecting raw materials
June – July 2013 Student Intern at Olivine Industries (Harare, Zimbabwe)
– Assisted in the Microbiology and Chemistry lab
– Observed and monitored production of margarine and oil
June – July 2012 Student Intern at Colcom Foods (Harare, Zimbabwe)
– Assisted in the chemistry lab by measuring water quality parameters of boiler water used
– Performed in the daily sensory evaluation of processed meats e.g. polony, ham, salami, bacon, sausages
– Observed and monitored production of different processed meats
Education & Achievements Summary:
2015 – 2016 MSc Food Science (Wastewater Treatment) at University of Stellenbosch, South Africa. Research focussed on investigating magnetisable glass foam particles (biofilm carrier particles) on the efficiency of a UASB bioreactor treating synthetic winery wastewater.
February 2016 Current research was published in Wineland magazine under Innovation. https://www.gate5.co.za/read/26857/qv/38765710/135975161/25942/j.
November, 2015 Performed a presentation at the 7th International Water Institute for Winery conference at Stias, South Africa.
2011 – 2014 BSc Food Science & Biochemistry at University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
October 2014 Food Safety and HACCP development and implementation certificate (HACCP Academy South Africa)
July – October 2015 FVZS Agents of Social Change Course
February – May 2015 FVZS Elize Botha Women in Leadership Course
March – September 2014 FVZS Leadership with Community Interaction Course
Reference No.: A-0095
Updated 1 month ago