The Association has three main membership bands:
Open to all manufacturers and suppliers of flavourings and/or fragrance compounds, as well as aligned products, such as spice and herb blends, fruit preparations and colourants.
Open to suppliers of raw materials and some other essential services to manufacturers and suppliers of flavourings and/or fragrance compounds
This membership band is available for smaller companies/organisations to join at a reduced membership fee for a maximum of 2 financial years, starting from the January of the year of joining.
SAAFFI is a Member of IOFI and IFRA, the two international organisations that deal with many aspects of Flavours and Fragrances respectively, including that of safety, on a global level.
Through regular circulation of information, members of the association are kept up-to-date with what is happening internationally at IFRA, IOFI, Codex Alimentarius and the South African National Department of Health..
Within South Africa, SAAFFI maintains good working relations with other relevant institutions and associations of related industries such as SAAFoST, CTFA, and Coschem.
The Association offers many fora
for members’ participation including:
- Networking Evenings
- Training Workshops and Precise Short Training Courses (PSTC)
- Information Lectures
- Maintaining a Code of Practice for the Industry, which incorporates the “Flavouring Standard for the South African Flavour Industry”
- Government lobbying where necessary
- News Flashes
- Recruitment platform for jobs and candidates in the industry
- A listing of recommended Service Suppliers